The 2013 ULI Fall Meeting is upon us! As you plan your itinerary and pack your bags for Chicago, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Chicago is experiencing a mild November, with expected temps in the mid to low 50s. (That’s still flip-flop weather for Midwesterners!)
- Lake Michigan is beautiful in any season, so bring comfortable shoes and take the 15-minute walk from McCormick Place to 31st Street Harbor, the newest addition to the lakefront.
- Where are you going to eat? We’ve got you covered. ULI Chicago members compiled a list of their favorite restaurants and bars in the city. Check out their recommendations (pdf) and make your reservations now.
- Take time out to see the city. There are still openings for Special Interest Tours and Mobile Workshops that will get you out of the convention center and into a smaller setting for networking, learning, and a bit of fun in Chicago’s neighborhoods and suburbs. Or explore on your own by visiting attractions recommended by ULI Chicago members (pdf).
- Find out what’s hot in Chicago now by catching up with Urban Land magazine’s Chicago issue. Download the free magazine app for iPad, iPhone and Android for easy access in the air.
- Follow the Twitter handle @UrbanLandInst for live updates from the Fall Meeting and use the #ULIFall13 hashtag to network with real estate leaders, thanks to the free wi-fi access throughout McCormick Place. Or download the all-in-one solution for planning and connecting at the meeting: the ULI Events app.
- Need help?Look for volunteers wearing green lanyards or “Let Me Help You” buttons.
From all of us at ULI: Welcome to the 2013 Fall Meeting!