Building Healthy Places Initiative Community Competition: In 2014, ULI Cincinnati will award one community organization with a TAP program FREE of charge. This particular TAP will focus on real estate development issues that are best addressed with expert, local knowledge on what the market can actually support. Questions this panel may address include such scenarios as:
- What type of development can be supported on a particular parcel of land that can contribute to building a healthier community?
- What specific community-wide strategies can be implemented to promote a healthier environment in which to live and work?
- How can a project secure the financing it needs to finally begin?
- What partnerships should be created to build a team of do-ers instead of dreamers?
- What process needs to take place to gain control of a particular piece of property and move its development forward?
- What type of programmatic strategies can be implemented to support a new development plan?
Any community or organization in the Cincinnati 15-county Metropolitan Statistical Area is eligible to complete an application and be awarded ULI Cincinnati’s Building Healthy Places Initiative TAP. Applications must be received no later than noon on Friday, April 11, 2014. The TAP will be awarded in May 2014 and completed in June 2014. For more information and an application, click here.