The UC Real Estate Center has an exciting opportunity for someone to join their team as Associate Director. The role involves extensive liaison with their advisory board members, industry professionals, students in UC’s real estate program, and faculty and staff at the University of Cincinnati. The Center’s goal is to be considered among the best real estate programs in the country, so they are looking for someone who shares this aspiration, has a passion for helping young people, and has the energy and enthusiasm to help accomplish this mission. For a candidate with suitable experience there is also an opportunity to combine this role with an adjunct professor position in the real estate program. Needless to say first-class communication skills and attention to detail are important attributes for this role. The ideal candidate is also likely to have experience in real estate. If you know of anyone who might be suitable, please share.
Applications can be completed online using this link.
For additional information, contact Shaun Bond, Director of the UC Real Estate Center.
The UC Real Estate Center has an established national reputation for excellence in its academic programs, research, and professional outreach. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic leadership team focused on growing the impact and presence of the Center and academic program on a national stage. The UC Real Estate Center is located within the nationally ranked Lindner College of Business and this position combines extensive liaison with a broad range of constituents from senior industry, university and government officials, to real estate professionals, faculty and students. In 2019, the Business School will move into a state-of-the-art new building that represents a tremendous opportunity for the College to bring innovative approaches to business education and further elevate the role of the Center and College at UC, in the City of Cincinnati, and in the national landscape.
Overall Job Objective:
To manage and direct all external events and communication needs of the UC Real Estate Center and Program by focusing on: program promotion and development; community, alumni and business relations; educational enrichment and student recruitment/placement.
It may be possible for someone holding this position to participate directly in classroom education through an affiliated adjunct professor role in the Lindner College of Business. Such responsibilities will be treated separately to this role and will be negotiated directly with the Center Director and Head of the Finance Department. Such a role may include service on Lindner College committees dealing with teaching and academic program development and/or program director level responsibilities.
Specific duties broken down by priority of importance:
1. In conjunction with the Center Director and the staff of the UC Foundation, assist in the cultivation and maintenance of relationships with existing Corporate Partners and Board of Executive Advisors in Real Estate (BEARE) members, as well as identify and liaise with potential new Partners and Board members.
2. Professional event coordination (monthly events from September to June)
• Work with the Center Director and Real Estate Executive Advisory Committee (REEAC) to determine speakers, content, and agendas of monthly Real Estate Roundtable programs.
• Manage program, fundraising and sponsorship opportunities along with a volunteer committee for the annual real estate dinner.
• Manage Roundtable membership and sponsorship programs.
• Manage, design and create professional education programs.
• Manage budgets and profitability for all external events.
3. Oversee the promotional activities of the UC Real Estate Center and Program.
4. Supervise administrative staff of the Real Estate Center.
5. Act as faculty advisor for student real estate association (currently referred to as the UC Real Estate Association) and promote industry activities to all students in the real estate program.
Bachelor’s degree with five (5) years experience; -OR- Associate’s degree with seven (7) years experience; -OR- nine (9) years experience. Degree must be in business administration, marketing or a related field. Experience must include at least three (3) years experience.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as impeccable organizational skills and a high level of attention to details. Must be adept in MS Office Programs. Knowledge of and experience in the real estate industry. Education to at least a master’s degree level in a business or real estate related subject area. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite software