The Cincinnati Technical Assistance Program (CincyTAP) connects high-level land use and real estate executives to communities in the Greater Cincinnati area with difficult development and planning issues.
ULI Cincinnati’s Technical Assistance Panel (TAP) Program brings expertise in real estate, urban planning, design, engineering and finance to provide recommendations to overcome land use planning and development challenges. Once a TAP Client and Program have been identified and organized, ULI Cincinnati assembles an interdisciplinary team of established local professionals for a Panel session. This team of experts will meet with stakeholders, visit sites, and examine the challenge from all angles and provide thoughts, advice, or recommendations. ULI Cincinnati will likely conduct two to three TAPs this year.
ULI CORE COMPETENCIES
- Land Use Design and Planning
- Market Feasibility and Analysis
- Financial Analysis and Structuring
- Structuring Private/Public Partnerships
- Wide Variety of Development Typologies
- Development Process
- Many other competencies are included in our diverse membership!
PRIMARY TAP OFFERINGS
National Full TAPs
- National speaker, panel including national experts
- Multi-day sessions or charrettes
Local Full TAPs
- Focused research
- Panel preparation package
- Full-day TAP session
- Compilation of results
- Presentation/delivery of findings and outcomes of the panel discussion
Local TAP – Light
- Brief preparation package
- Afternoon TAP panel session
- Summary of findings (notes from panel discussion, PowerPoint, etc.)
Typical responsibilities of ULI Cincinnati include:
- Best practices research
- Data provision and compilation
- TAP panel design and invitations
- Pre-TAP package
- TAP agenda and preparation
- Execute TAP panel
- Final “report” production and delivery to client
Typical client responsibilities to ensure a successful and responsive TAP include:
- Data compilation and provision
- Facility and refreshments, site tour
- TAP package review
- Attend TAP panel
Because each Technical Assistance Panel is unique and each client has different needs and capabilities, we are flexible with timeline. Generally, we believe a conservative timeline is better. However, we work with each prospective client to ensure we can meet expectations and provide the best thought leadership available in the region.
- Preliminary conversation to determine needs (identifying the problem or issue, organizing preliminary information, and identifying the most pressing questions which would ideally be answered by the panel) This conversation will also help ULI Cincinnati understand the appropriate outcome or deliverable to ensure the TAP offering is right-sized for the budget and client need.
- ULI Cincinnati prepares proposal with scope, process, budget and projected deliverables